Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heartstrings Quilt Finished




Here is a HeartStrings quilt with white center strip and the rest in plaids and stripes. I made this top before Mary announced that the next HeartStrings project would be homespuns with a black center. I made most of the blocks for this one in my 'Outside Studio'. I bought an outside table at a yard sale and have it under the trees with my hand-crank sewing machine on it.
I have a black top done and I like it much better that the white center strings. I'll be sending it (along with another one yet to be quilted) to Deanna to donate to her oncology department.

I HATE the batting I have. And I have a lot of it. It's polyester and it's too poufy for my liking. I'd give it to someone if I thought they wouldn't be insulted. I have precut 27 pieces 60" x 80". I've used 1 piece in this quilt and I'm ready for some Warm and Natural. I have to wait for Joann to have it on sale and I'm on my way to get some.

No comments: